The Sonic Screwdriver is the trademark item of a Whovian. Though there are Whovians that don't use one, it is very rare to find one that doesn't. A Sonic Screwdriver is used as a tool, and nothing more. while it has offensive capabilities, it doesn't kill. They are often used for easy tasks, such as hacking and repairs to a TARDIS. Sonic Screwdrivers come in various shapes and designs, but it's function is always the same: to help get out of tight situations. Used by Time8th.
The sonic screwdriver is considered to be very advanced Whovian technology. It has a multitude of settings and different versions of settings, Including:
- Opening up and locking any kind of doors, hatches, panels and control panels.
- For cutting through a section of a wall.
- As a conventional screwdriver (without touching the screws).
- Breaching a force field/ fire wall.
- Signal Jamming capabilities.
- For performing repairs and maintenance on new parts on the TARDIS control console.
- Detecting and setting off traps.
- Detonating bombs.
- Scanning for life signs.
- To locate the TARDIS.
- For hacking programs (this doesn't always work).
- Tracing distress signals.
- Establishing an interface with the Data stream.
- Summoning the TARDIS (can only be used once, as it drains the battery)
- Producing hypersonic sound waves which can stun enemies
- To increase a signal's strength.
- Amplifying an energy beam.
- Read Binary code
For more, follow this.